The community and its people are advancing toward their God-given potential by:
- Being facilitated to progress beyond meeting their basic needs
- Having growing groups of transformed people, loving God and one another, manifesting the fruit of care and concern, reaching out to serve others.
Understanding Key words in the VOC
- Community and its People. - Our help must ultimately benefit the community and its people (not just national or church levels).
- Advancing. - We desire to create a process that keeps spreading.
- God-given potential is the aim, not FHI’s potential.
- Facilitated. - We help people do their own development.
- Basic needs. - Entire range of needs
- Transformed people. - People whose lives have been changed by the values of VOC.
- Manifesting the fruit of Care and Concern. - Doing practical projects for the benefits of the community.
Three Partner Groups in the VOC
- FHI workers are increasingly reaching out to the community.
- Leaders are increasingly solving problems
- Families are increasingly meeting each other’s needs.