MAJOR CRISIS IN LIFE
- The Death of the Bread Winner or Head of the
family is the greatest crisis in life. If a widow does not know how to overcome this, she
will become a self-pitied widow for the rest of her life. She will have these symptoms:
- Withdrawn from society and enclosed herself
with hatred and regrets.
- She will be thinking of only her unsolved
problems and will influence her children, making them grow up insecured and indecisive
- Her own miserable face and stressful nature
would drive her own children mad.
- She herself being unable to manage the
situation could make her sick and dependent on drugs to survive.
- Develop insomnia due to sleepless nights
thinking of her problems.
- Unable to accept changes in life. Getting
sickly when there is change.
- Losing the will power to carry on in life.
Main objective of Kota Kinabalu Widows
Welfare Association, Sabah is to help widows and children.We encourage widows to
rebuild themselves to be proud single parent and go on with a meaningful life for herself
and her children.
Just to up-date you with the latest information, we will be
setting up a Senior Day Care centre just next to our existing premises and we hope to
officially launch this project in early January 2001. This centre will take care of
elderly members and the main objectives are:
- To organise activities for the elderly healthy group to make them feel
- To set up a Senior Day-care centre to release the burden
of the younger generation and to make the senior citizens not to feel themselves a burden
Proposed services available:
- Recovering stroke patients - to provide exercise and
- Recuperating - Day-care services for those with not help
at home to care for them during the day
- Companionship - to provide temporary companion for widows
who are alone such as when the younger generation go on holidays.
- Home-visits / home food delivery - to set up
home-visit teams to help those who cannot come to centre.
- Page last updated: Tuesday,
October 31, 2000
House 1484, Lorong Kelengkeng 1,
Batu 3 1/2 Tuaran Road,
88400 Kota Kinabalu,
Tel : 088 - 218079