HOW CAN WE HELP
A WIDOW ?
A widow's main problems are:
1. Loss of Income
- Financial burden
- Home expenses, children's education, loans
2. Emotional problems due to loss of loved
- Unstable stage as she has to go through
grief, depression, adapting to new stage in life as single parent.
3. How to solve problems left by husband
- Debts, business, house loans, car loan,
business loan etc., children's education, responsibility for parent-in-laws.
- How to manage self, children? How and where
- How to overcome self-pitiness? How to regain
self-confidence? Who to trust? How to accept the death of husband? How to lead and guide
the children? Where to find help?
HOW TO HELP A WIDOW ?
- The best thing to do is to encourage her to
join the Kota Kinabalu Widows Welfare Association as at this stage it is difficult for her
to trust anybody.
- Visit her to find out her problems and get
help to lighten her initial financial burden.
- Help her to claim whatever she is entitled.
Introduce her to the right people who can help to solve her problems.Claims - EPF, SOCSO,
Insurance, Bank Accounts apply for LA or letter of probate.
- Help her to settle down her children. Any
problem going to school? School fees? Transport?
- Help her find a source of new income by
helping her to find out what she has and what she wants.
- Help her to find and trust God by
introducing her to the right people who can give her continuos support.
WHAT SORT OF HELP OUR ASSOCIATION
IS GIVING TO WIDOWS ?
- We interview her to find out what help she
- We help them by bringing them to see the
right authorities to get her necessary claims.
- We lighten her financial burden by looking
into her children's education.
- We help her to realize her own problems :
- How to turn the dark future to a bright one by
helping her to learn to set her goal and how to work towards it by teaching her new
- To make ourselves available and approachable to them
by offering services that can help her overcome her fear and courage to take up new
- Encourage her to attend useful educational talks.
- Bring her and family to widows fellowship. Don't
give up trying because this is the fastest way to make them accept the facts of life
and help them to realize they are better than a lot of other widows.
- We teach them and their children how to grab
hold of opportunities available.
- Encourage and train widows to be successful
single parents to have good management of home and work and also to contribute back to
KOTA KINABALU WIDOW
WELFARE ASSOCIATION SABAH
House 1484, Lorong Kelengkeng 1,
Batu 3 1/2 Tuaran Road,
88400 Kota Kinabalu,
Tel : 088 - 218079