- To create concern for health and to challenge apathy and neglect wherever found.
- To disseminate information about origins of mental diorders.
- To inform the public of various facilities for mental health.
- To help raise the standards of treatment, prevention and research in the field of mental health.
- To take whatever appropriate measures to ensures laws on mental health be kept abreast with the time.
- To render assistance, by whatever appropriate means, to emotionally disturbed individuals and thier realtives who may need as mush help as the patients.
- To mobilise voluntary help in psychiatric hospitals, hostels, and other similar institutions.
- To raise funds for the work of the Association.